1. Physical and mechanical properties, PTFE relatively […]
1. Physical and mechanical properties, PTFE relatively high density, almost no water absorption. Tough and resilient. With a very small friction factor, showing excellent lubrication. The static friction factor of PTFE is smaller than the dynamic friction factor, and the friction factor remains almost constant from ultra-low temperature to melting point. However, the low hardness of PTFE is easily abraded by other materials. If a layer of PTFE Rod film can be formed on the surface of the grinding material, the amount of PTFE wear can be reduced to a considerable degree. The
2. Thermal properties, the thermal stability of PTFE is extremely prominent in the engineering plastics. In 200 °C to the melting point, its decomposition rate is extremely slow, and the amount of decomposition is also extremely small. When it is heated at 200 °C for one month, the decomposition is less than 1 part per million, which is negligible. PTFE is still not brittle at -250°C. Long-term use at -250~260°C. The
3. Electrical properties: PTFE is a highly non-polar material with extremely excellent dielectric properties. Outstanding performance above 0°C does not affect the dielectric properties with frequency and temperature, nor is it affected by humidity and corrosive gases. . The volume resistivity and surface resistivity of PTFE are the highest among all engineering plastics, and will not drop significantly even if they are immersed in water for a long time. The surface resistivity will remain unchanged in air with 100% relative humidity. When the crystallinity of PTFE is between 50% and 80%, the dielectric strength is almost independent of the crystallinity and has the lowest dielectric constant. PTFE has excellent arc resistance. The
4. Chemical resistance, PTFE has excellent chemical stability, almost no chemical erosion, many highly corrosive, strong oxidizing chemical substances, it is almost no effect on it, so there is a king of plastic . Only the alkali metal in the molten state can remove fluorine atoms from PTFE and discolor the surface. The
5. Other properties, PTFE's resistance to atmospheric aging is very prominent, even if exposed to the atmosphere for a long time, the surface will not have any changes. PTFE's flame retardancy is also very prominent. Its oxygen index is as high as 95%, ranking first, and its flame retardance reaches UL94 V-0. Non-stickiness is another important characteristic of PTFE, and almost all solid materials cannot adhere to its surface. However, high energy rays have a significant effect on it. The
Molding/Machining Molding, extrusion, coating, and calendering.